The common approach to health and wellness in the US is to wait until it breaks down, and then fix it. This just doesn’t make sense to me. Why let health break in the first place?
“He who enjoys good health is rich, though he knows it not”
If we take a preventive approach to our health, which means that we take action to stay healthy, we find that not only do we significantly increase the daily quality of our lives, we are also considerably less susceptible to the germs and illnesses in our environment. This means that we are more likely to stay healthy, even when others around us are falling prey to the contagious disease of the season.
Manifest health with basic prevention
Preventive health is …. You may thing that being healthy is easier said than done when it comes to time, convenience, and lifestyle. And on the one hand, you are right. But consider the K.I.S.S. method: Keep It Simple, Stupid. You see, many healthy choices are simple.
- Get good quality sleep on a regular basis
- Eat plenty of fruits and veggies
- Be at least moderately active
- Wash your hands multiple times a day
- Keep your hands to yourself (in other words, don’t share food and drinks with others)
Manifest health with friends and family
Beyond the basic health rules listed above, there is a plethora of healthy possibilities in our circle of friends. According to the Mayo Clinic, “Adults with strong social support have a reduced risk of many significant health problems, including depression, high blood pressure and an unhealthy body mass index (BMI). Studies have even found that older adults with a rich social life are likely to live longer than their peers with fewer connections.”
And a bonus for pet lovers: One Huffington Post article sites studies that claim “lower blood pressure, reduced cholesterol, and decreased triglyceride levels” are linked to the relationships people have with their pets.
Manifest health with proactive behaviors
“Self care … is the mindful taking of time to pay attention to you, not in a narcissistic way, but in a way that ensures that you are being cared for by you.” – Dr. Maria Baratta
- Get a massage on a regular basis (healthy benefits)
- Create something with your hands
- Listen to music (not as a side to other activities, but as an activity in and of itself)
- Soak in a bath filled with Epsom Salts
- Practice mindfulness
Manifest health with a positive attitude
Attitude is the secret key to overall, long-lasting health. All the walks and all the vitamins and all the friends in the world cannot overcome the unhealthy impact of a negative attitude. The behaviors in the list directly above will help foster a positive attitude, but here are three basic practices that will literally change your life and help you to fully manifest health.
- Feel – truly feel in your body, loving kindness, patience, and forgiveness for yourself.
- Feel – truly feel in your body, loving kindness, patience, and forgiveness toward others.
- Open your heart and mind to the unknown possibilities that await you.
How do you manifest health in your life?
Leave us a comment below so that together, we can spread positive healthy living throughout our communities!